The Maternal, Newborn and Paediatric Care Program offers a wide range of medical and mental health services to meet the complex needs of young patients from newborns to 18 years. Our care focuses on the patient and family — and a priority is to ensure every child, teen and their family receives evidence-based quality care in a safe and comfortable environment.
Patient- and family-centred care
We are committed to providing patients and their families with an outstanding experience at North York General Hospital. An important element of our child-friendly approach is involving parents in all aspects of their child's plan of care. We try to encourage parents to stay with their children during procedures to help them feel safe, secure and to provide support.
North York General works closely with SickKids, Mount Sinai Hospital, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, and other hospitals within the Central LHIN (northern section of Toronto, most of York Region and the southern part of Simcoe County).
Clinics and services
Our clinics and services for children and teens includes:
- Antenatal Consultation Clinic
- Diabetes Education Program
- Eating Disorders Program
- Infant Hearing Screening Program
- Inpatient Unit
- Mental Health Program
- Neonatal Follow-Up Clinic
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Paediatric Ambulatory Clinic
- Paediatric Complex Care Clinic
- Paediatric Short Stay Unit
- Paediatric Subspecialty Clinics (Constipation, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Neurology, Respirology, and Rheumatology)