Redeveloping our Paediatric inpatient and outpatient area
We are currently redeveloping the space for our Paediatric inpatient and outpatient area. Supported almost entirely through philanthropic donations, the new space will be named the Steinberg Family Paediatric Centre after the family who made the lead gift.
North York General is a nationally recognized leader in caring for infants, children and teenagers — seeing over 18,000 children every year.
The state-of-the-art unit will centralize all our paediatric services, including:
- 12 Inpatient private rooms with washrooms and showers
- 2 Paediatric Short Stay rooms
- 5 Ambulatory clinic rooms
- Family waiting space for the Ambulatory Clinic
- Administrative and interprofessional team offices and workspaces
- Clinical support rooms (clean supply, med room, etc.)
- A large family ‘great room’
Construction began mid-November and we anticipate completion in winter 2020.
As we work toward this essential redevelopment, noise from construction may impact surrounding areas. Every effort is being made to minimize the impact of renovations on patients and their families, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you for your patience as we complete the necessary renovations to better serve the youngest patients in our community.